ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system?

4 posters

Go down

Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system? Empty Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system?

Post by apoptosis 5/6/2011, 10:26

apoptosis

Back to top Go down

Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system? Empty Re: Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system?

Post by ssj100 5/6/2011, 11:50

I'm still very much enjoying Windows XP and I'm probably going to be one of those people who skip Windows 7 (and Vista) and move to Windows 8 when it comes out. I'm not really sure about that article, but it would be a bit boring if Windows 8 was 100% resistant against virus attacks haha.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system? Empty Re: Virus and other attacks are not possible in Windows 8 operating system?

Post by jna90 4/5/2012, 17:43

I am also not very up to date with windows 8 and its inner workings.
But I doubt that Windows 8 will be virus/malware/exploit free.
Looking at various AntiVirus products, some are stating to be Windows 8 compatible. By reading this sentence you can deduce (a bit) that AV products are still needed.
I'm not sure about the filesystem, if it is still NTFS based or even a new version of NTFS then you can't have absolute security because of how the filesystem works with permission settings.
It would be nice if windows could be functioning with EXT4 or similar filesystem, that would improve security quite a bit. But I highly doubt that would ever happen.

oops, I didn't see that this thread was created quite a while ago, I didn't mean to necro an old thread. my apologies

Last edited by jna90 on 4/5/2012, 17:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't see that this thread was created quite a while ago. sorry about this)

jna90

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 5/5/2012, 03:18

You're welcome to "necro" old threads. No need to apologise.

By the way, as of now, I'm still very much enjoying Windows XP haha.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wat0114 7/5/2012, 09:31

I'm also not sure about the article, but afaik Win XP/Vista/7 system directories are protected anyways against limited users, who can't write to them and that includes anything funneling through a web browser.

wat0114
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down