ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New User with Questions

2 posters

Go down

New User with Questions Empty New User with Questions

Post by The Shadow 24/1/2012, 23:03

Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new SD user (since last Dec.) and I have two questions about its use and one question about using it exclusive of other security products.

1. Is there a shortcut method to enter Shadow Mode or is the only way by opening SD and clicking on the Mode Setting button?

2. I can't seem to exit Shadow Mode without restarting or shutting-down. When I attempt to exit SM via the Mode Setting button I always get a message to the effect that SM can't be exited without a reboot/shutdown because of files that are in use. I would like to exit SM without rebooting - how can I do that?

3. As I am using an underpowered netbook, I'm relying on SD's Shadow Mode exclusively for protection while surfing the net. I do run an on-demand MBAM scan at the end of each day and I also make weekly image backups. Am I kidding myself into thinking that's good enough? If not, what additional security program would you suggest (that wouldn't wind-up being a drag on my netbook)?

TIA

The Shadow

Back to top Go down

New User with Questions Empty Re: New User with Questions

Post by ssj100 25/1/2012, 00:06

ShadowDefender wrote:1. Is there a shortcut method to enter Shadow Mode or is the only way by opening SD and clicking on the Mode Setting button?
I remember asking the same question once - don't think there's any other way.
ShadowDefender wrote:2. I can't seem to exit Shadow Mode without restarting or shutting-down. When I attempt to exit SM via the Mode Setting button I always get a message to the effect that SM can't be exited without a reboot/shutdown because of files that are in use. I would like to exit SM without rebooting - how can I do that?
Again, don't think there's any other way.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shadow 25/1/2012, 00:50

ssj100,

I can accept no shortcut, but it seems odd to me that SD offers a 'mode setting' to exit Shadow Mode, but that it doesn't work unless the system is rebooted?

I'd appreciated also getting your opinion re my 3rd question.

Thanks!

The Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 25/1/2012, 00:58

ShadowDefender wrote:ssj100,

I can accept no shortcut, but it seems odd to me that SD offers a 'mode setting' to exit Shadow Mode, but that it doesn't work unless the system is rebooted?
I didn't use Shadow Defender for very long, but I remember also being frustrated by "issues" such as this. I know patrick has been using it for years, so perhaps he'll make a comment about it. However, I'm pretty sure there's no way to exit Shadow Mode without a reboot - that's just how the program works (and many others like it too).
ShadowDefender wrote:
I'd appreciated also getting your opinion re my 3rd question.
I find it difficult to answer questions like that. I'd need to know more about what your computer skills and habits are like etc. And even then, it's all very subjective. Generally speaking however, I personally think you've done enough.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down