ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submit samples of files you believe are malicious

3 posters

Go down

Submit samples of files you believe are malicious Empty Submit samples of files you believe are malicious

Post by Ruhe 30/1/2011, 16:04

Let's collect sites to submit samples of files you believe are malicious.

F-Secure Security Labs
Ruhe
Ruhe
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Submit samples of files you believe are malicious Empty Re: Submit samples of files you believe are malicious

Post by p2u 30/1/2011, 17:14

Ruhe wrote:Let's collect sites to submit samples of files you believe are malicious.
I think this will keep you busy for a while (both links with operators stripped off to avoid any unpleasant redirects):
Google search "malware+urls"
Google search "malware+domains"
You can change the .com part in the Google address with .de or .ru, etc. (wherever you live) to get a more targeted search in your own language.

Paul

p2u
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Submit samples of files you believe are malicious Empty Re: Submit samples of files you believe are malicious

Post by p2u 30/1/2011, 17:38

WARNING:
1) When you do malware research on your own, you should know what you're doing. Only VM or sandbox!
2) DO NOT RELY ON STATIC LINK AND OBJECT CHECKERS! The link or the object may be announced "clean", but when you click on it, you may be redirected and you may be in for an unpleasant surprise. This may depend on your browser language and other parameters set on the server that your static link checker just can't predict. Be careful out there!

Paul

p2u
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruhe 30/1/2011, 17:53

What has this to do with my initial posting?
Ruhe
Ruhe
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by p2u 30/1/2011, 18:22

Ruhe wrote:What has this to do with my initial posting?
Your initial posting:
Ruhe wrote:Let's collect sites to submit samples of files you believe are malicious.
and a link to F-Secure Security Labs to submit such samples.

I thought you wanted the forum members to collect sites to submit samples of files we believe are malicious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we don't want F-secure to be flooded with false positives and/or dead samples, we will have to do some research, right? I warned about doing safe research and about some things we have to keep in mind while doing that.
P.S.: If you meant to really publish links here, then it would be best to create a restricted (hidden) part of the forum and publish inactive links there, otherwise the forum will be hosed with malware spam very soon.

Paul

p2u
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico 31/1/2011, 05:57

This is a great suggestion that will bring more experienced users and testers to the forum and add more value. This will enable us to pit the infallible security software against in-the wild malware and make sure that if anything bypasses them, we could improve these products by notifying publishers. Besides, thats fun to do Smile

But like Paul I believe they should be posted for users in a hidden subforum, with extenstions such as hxxp.

Rico
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down