ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss full session virtualization with me

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Discuss full session virtualization with me - Page 2 Empty Re: Discuss full session virtualization with me

Post by noorismail 20/10/2010, 10:34

ssj100 wrote:noor, since you use Sandboxie like me, there shouldn't be any concern about MBR/PBR modification.

I'm not sure if MBRGuard from BlueRidge protects the PBR from being modified too? To be honest, I'm having a hard time understanding exactly the difference between the MBR and the PBR:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_Boot_Record

Yes me also.

noor
noorismail
noorismail

Back to top Go down

Discuss full session virtualization with me - Page 2 Empty Re: Discuss full session virtualization with me

Post by Stephen2 21/10/2010, 07:34

Shadow Defender seems great from a protection point of view - it must prevent software from loading drivers, and other such protections.

Agree very much, a shame that it seems to be a dead application...

I think the next one with the most promise (from my requirements) is Returnil Lite so I'll stick with this and hope it gets improved rapidly!

Stephen2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico 21/10/2010, 08:12

It all comes down to security vs esoteric - nice to have but not critical features. Clean Slate seems to have leapt alot in the latter since I last heard about it. The on the fly disabling of protection seems to be attained at last, but until they improve the actual resilience of the product against malware it won't really be an option for me. Since that is the whole purpose of using it in the first place.

Argh!, they are subscriptionware too... I miss you Tony Crying or Very sad

Rico
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by noorismail 21/10/2010, 08:40

noorismail
noorismail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2