ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slowly porting patches to Win2k

Go down

Slowly porting patches to Win2k Empty Slowly porting patches to Win2k

Post by WildBill 3/10/2010, 04:31

In case anyone is interested, I've been porting XP patches one at a time to Win2k. I've posted what I've done so far here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/146529-pe-tool-for-creating-patches/

Unfortunately the only one I was able to test against an exploit was the LNK patch, so while I'm not experiencing any problems on my box with the other patches applied, I don't know how to verify that they close the security holes. Anyhow, if anyone is interested in playing with them, feel free. If and when time allows I'll try to add more patches since I use Win2k and want to keep my system secure.

WildBill

Back to top Go down

Slowly porting patches to Win2k Empty Re: Slowly porting patches to Win2k

Post by Guest 3/10/2010, 18:26

Thanks WildBill, I'm a Windows 2000 user myself. Can I use these with sp4?

WildBill wrote:In case anyone is interested, I've been porting XP patches one at a time to Win2k. I've posted what I've done so far here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/146529-pe-tool-for-creating-patches/

Unfortunately the only one I was able to test against an exploit was the LNK patch, so while I'm not experiencing any problems on my box with the other patches applied, I don't know how to verify that they close the security holes. Anyhow, if anyone is interested in playing with them, feel free. If and when time allows I'll try to add more patches since I use Win2k and want to keep my system secure.

Back to top Go down

Post by WildBill 3/10/2010, 21:49

I'm using them on a fully-patched SP4, but I don't know what would happen if you slipstream them into a bare SP4.

We really need an SP5 that would include everything up to EOL.

WildBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum