ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandboxie testing x86 vs x64

4 posters

Go down

Sandboxie testing x86 vs x64 Empty Sandboxie testing x86 vs x64

Post by Rico 1/7/2010, 06:16

Hi again,
since we have quite a few high profile and talented testers here I thought I'd initiate a thread on testing sandboxie x64 against a variety of malware to determine its effectivity on this platform. So far, little or no attention has been given to this new sibling in regards of its protecting capabilities. It has been the elephant in the room for some time; when asking that this be done on the sb forums, Tzuk is slightly offended at the implication that his software isn't that good on x64, yet frustrated by the constraints that stop his product from working properly on x64.

So I please ask that this slightly challenging yet rewarding venture (and the only of its kind currently), be undertaken. It will provide a gauge for all the sbie users out there about their true level of protection. If I may also request; the testing of sbie x64's effectivity as an anti-executable -- my main purpose for it on x64

Rico
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Sandboxie testing x86 vs x64 Empty Re: Sandboxie testing x86 vs x64

Post by ssj100 1/7/2010, 07:18

I think I'll have to pass on this for a few years haha. My hardware does support 64-bit, but my current REAL system is Windows 32-bit (Windows XP) and I don't plan on moving to 64-bit until 2012-2014 (when Microsoft stop supporting Windows XP).

I suppose I could install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit in a VM and do the testing in there (although I'm not sure how successful that would be).
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by demoneye 15/7/2010, 19:17

IMO until DW start working on x64 it doesnt worth messing with it , since ALL programs works on my x64 so why DW wont? (yes i know the patch guard issue ) Wink

demoneye

Back to top Go down

Post by p2u 24/12/2010, 21:53

demoneye wrote:since ALL programs works on my x64 so why DW wont?
This is a matter of principle. Actually, I support Ilya in his choice not to give users false hopes. Although there is a lot of hype about x64 being so super-secure, I personally don't buy it. At the same time, on x64 it is virtually impossible to guarantee the same level of third-party security as on x32; you have to rely too much on the OS doing everything right. Smile

Paul

p2u
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down