ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions to improve the forum

+5
Buster_BSA
Ruhe
Little Lady
nick s
ssj100
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions to improve the forum

Post by ssj100 29/7/2010, 19:51

noorismail wrote:I always seenm to forget to tick the box.
Is it possible to set "show signature" as default?

noor

It sure is. I'll do it for you, but here's how:

1. Click "Profile"
2. Click "Preferences"
3. Beside "Always attach my signature:", select "Yes".
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions to improve the forum

Post by ssj100 17/8/2010, 00:00

Seems it's a universal problem for (some/most) phpbb forums. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadeghi85 17/8/2010, 00:16

I couldn't post with Firefox but only with IE.

Seems to be fixed now.

Sadeghi85

Back to top Go down

Post by ALIV 27/8/2010, 08:58

I think renaming this forum might help make it a lot more popular.
Just a thought from a newb, please don't take it the wrong way.
Wink
ALIV
ALIV

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 27/8/2010, 09:00

Interesting suggestion haha. You might be right! However, I can't really see how it would make it more popular - many people have joined this forum because they know me from other forums (eg. I have a "good" reputation I think!).
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ALIV 27/8/2010, 09:18

Yes, I myself visited because I saw your nick in the url.
Those that have been on the scene for a while might know you, but I think it's fair to assume the majority of future security enthusiasts might not.

In all honesty, I doubt I'd have visited a site named "ssj100 Security Forums" had I not recognized your nick.
That said, this is your baby not mine. And best of luck with it.
Smile
ALIV
ALIV

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 27/8/2010, 09:24

Thanks ALIV and as I said, you probably have a valid point. However, there are many security forums out there with generic or fancy pancy names already. I'm hoping most people will join because of the content rather than the title of the forum.

But at the end of the day, this is all for fun! By the way, welcome to the forum!
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ALIV 27/8/2010, 09:31

Thanks.
Cool
ALIV
ALIV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/2/2012, 01:10

ssj100 wrote:Interesting suggestion haha. You might be right! However, I can't really see how it would make it more popular - many people have joined this forum because they know me from other forums (eg. I have a "good" reputation I think!).

Some may have joined this forum that way, but as the other user pointed out, ssj100 wouldn't be very... appealing? Yes, I agree that people should care about the content and not the fame of a forum. But, if people don't feel comfortable with the name of the forum - they could make a search about generic security topics - then, they won't click the link in the search engine.

Maybe you could start a poll suggesting a few names and also ask people also to give names. That said, I can't think of any right now. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 23/2/2012, 06:22

I don't really mind. For those who are familiar with the cartoon/Anime series DragonBall Z, "ssj100" could be rather appealing (or ridiculous) haha. If more people care enough to ask for a change, I'd be happy to change it. However, the forum's activity is generally relatively small anyway. I think only you and wat0114 have posted in the last couple of months! Not sure what happened to p2u - he must be one of the most knowledgeable computer security guys across all internet forums. Hopefully we'll see him back one day.

Regardless, I do feel strongly that the vast majority of users join a forum because of the content. However, I suspect there are just so many other (much bigger) forums out there that most people will end up joining.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/2/2012, 04:23

By the way, I don't recall anyone mentioning... What would think of adding a sub-forum, where users can discuss about software in general, including tips, tricks, fixing issues... ? Or, is there already one, that I missed? Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/2/2012, 04:24

-edit-

Never mind. I found the Free for All. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/4/2012, 19:49

Is this forum experiencing issues? I cannot send PMs and start new topics.

I also cannot see emoticons to add to the post, etc? Font styles and text edition isn't visible either? Is it just me? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/4/2012, 22:47

It seems to be functional now. What was wrong with it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 20/4/2012, 00:30

Sorry, not sure what happened.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/4/2012, 03:20

I've logged in twice today and didn't notice anything....must just be a glitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2