ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion..

2 posters

Go down

Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion.. Empty Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion..

Post by Peace 26/12/2011, 04:04

SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion after i implemented the ssj100s setup, any ideas please?
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/851/43967264.jpg/
thanks and happy holidays.

Peace

Back to top Go down

Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion.. Empty Re: Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion..

Post by Peace 26/12/2011, 04:30

Interesting, it seems that hashrules blocks the deletion but pathrules allows it. Changed it to pathrules and everything if fine and dandy. (Hashrules seems to be tighter and the best way to go, no?)
Sorry guys for my amateur questions, i know you wanted some advanced pc security related discussions.
Over and out.

Peace

Back to top Go down

Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion.. Empty Re: Question, SRP blocks defaultbox (Sandboxie) from deletion..

Post by ssj100 26/12/2011, 07:27

Use path rules - I feel they are tight enough and you won't run into trouble like you have above. Hash rules can be too restrictive and would not be easy to implement to achieve a smooth running system (particularly on Windows XP).

Which operating system are you using by the way? And there's no such thing as "amateur" questions in this forum mate - relax, all questions are welcome!
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace 26/12/2011, 15:46

Hi Mr ssj100 and thanks for the reply. Im using XP at the moment.
Btw why do you use WFW? What about outgoing connections? Just curious.

Peace

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 26/12/2011, 16:19

Because of my security setup/approach, I don't worry about outgoing connections. What sort of outgoing connections are you worried about?
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace 26/12/2011, 17:18

I just like to have "full" control of incoming and outgoing connections even though i have implemented your security setup Smile (thanks).

Peace

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 27/12/2011, 00:02

Peace wrote:I just like to have "full" control of incoming and outgoing connections even though i have implemented your security setup Smile (thanks).
Good idea. I used to run Comodo Firewall myself. However, I came across a conflict with Sandboxie which resulted in code breaking out of the sandbox. Then I had a good hard look at the potential benefits and potential harms of running more than one third party security software. I decided that for me, the potential harms outweighed the potential benefits.

Also, configuring a software Firewall can be time consuming. Even after setting up a relatively quiet configuration, there can still be many pop-ups and "maintenance" can still be required.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down