ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum

Go down

Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum Empty Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum

Post by Guest 19/8/2011, 22:36

Hawkwind and myself have abandoned moderating the Shadow Defender forum. I posted my last post
below

"This is my last post as Global Moderator on this forum, The forum is not functioning properly, has no admin,the spammers have taken over and I find that I can not trust anything about it anymore. It's a real shame because Shadow Defender was a great software and had a loyal following.
The developer and admin of the forum Tony has been missing for some time and now it looks like the forum has been hacked.
Do not expect this forum to function as it did originally or be run by the same person. We've all tried our best to get to the truth and we hoped to see the software progress but it is too late now, all confidence has been lost.

best wishes

Patrick"

and Wilders
below

"I am also abandoning Shadow Defender Forum as it seems that it is just a vehicle for spam now. Thanks to everyone who has supported Shadow Defender. Hawkwind and myself I put this on the Shadow Defender forum before I left.
"This is my last post as Global Moderator on this forum, The forum is not functioning properly, has no admin,the spammers have taken over and I find that I can not trust anything about it anymore. It's a real shame because Shadow Defender was a great software and had a loyal following.
The developer and admin of the forum Tony has been missing for some time and now it looks like the forum has been hacked.
Do not expect this forum to function as it did originally or be run by the same person. We've all tried our best to get to the truth and we hoped to see the software progress but it is too late now, all confidence has been lost.

best wishes

Patrick"

best wishes to all

Patrick

ps, I would advise anyone who is currently a member of the SD forum to log in and change your email address in your profile to some other just to be safe."

Back to top Go down

Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum Empty Re: Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum

Post by jna90 24/8/2011, 19:18

I'm not sure if I'm the right person to say this.
But I like to say thank you for all your help and efforts to make SD as it is now.
I surely believe your efforts and input has made this product as it is at present time.

I have bought ShadowDefender about a month ago and I believe that it is a great product and I will continue to use it.
I do have AV products of course and Anti malware products like Malwarebytes, but I still using SD to provide an extra layer of protection.

Thank you Patrick for all your efforts to make this product as it is today.
I do not know you personally and I don't know ssj100 either, but as an outsider I still think SD is a great piece of software.

Thank you.
Greetings,
Jan. (jna90)

jna90

Back to top Go down

Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum Empty Re: Shadow Defender mods abandon Shadow Defender forum

Post by Guest 26/8/2011, 04:09

Thanks Jan,
Your comments are much appreciated;Yes Shadow Defender was/is a very good product although I'm not sure about the latest version which seems to have appeared after Tony the Shadow Defender developer disappeared. It is not a completely flawless piece of software but most people that run it appear to have no complaint. I still use it myself. There have been some glitches in certain versions like losing certain configuration settings for other software at times, (eg Nero sometimes requiring re-installing when registration details lost etc) little things largely. I run Shadow Defender 1.1.0.325 with Sandboxie, Avast Pro 4.8, Keyscrambler Premium, Admuncher and (for me) they all work well together.

Patrick

jna90 wrote:I'm not sure if I'm the right person to say this.
But I like to say thank you for all your help and efforts to make SD as it is now.
I surely believe your efforts and input has made this product as it is at present time.

I have bought ShadowDefender about a month ago and I believe that it is a great product and I will continue to use it.
I do have AV products of course and Anti malware products like Malwarebytes, but I still using SD to provide an extra layer of protection.

Thank you Patrick for all your efforts to make this product as it is today.
I do not know you personally and I don't know ssj100 either, but as an outsider I still think SD is a great piece of software.

Thank you.
Greetings,
Jan. (jna90)

Back to top Go down

Post by jna90 26/8/2011, 17:34

Indeed, I completely agree. About the very latest version of SD:
At least I can not detect any malfunctions as of yet, nor can I detect with various programs any malicious code unless it is very cleverly hidden or masked or encrypted ofc.
But, personally, I think the latest version is working as it should (besides the known limitations/bugs that were already present).

I think, or rather hope, that if the very latest version would somehow not function right it would be detected by an HIPS program as suspicious behaviour.
I just hope that I make the right decision in the hips to either stop it or let it run. (if that's possible at all, since SD is afterall imbedded at the system level).

But, we'll see. and thank you also for your reaction.

my avast version: internet security 6.0.1203, paid version.
I just recently started using Avast! myself, in my opinion very light on the system and yet with decent amount of features and a nice female voice.. lol)

jna90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/8/2011, 16:21

This is not my link but a someone on Wilders suggests a link for downloads

probably best to get them while you can

original post Wilders
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1857456&postcount=199

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down