ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite browser?

+11
DarkPhoenix
ALIV
tnegjm
Ruhe
Soyabeaner
Jlelono
secret365
Danny
ssj100
noorismail
Dude111
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 20 ]
What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 27

What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favourite browser?

Post by ssj100 15/2/2013, 08:11

For end users of Opera, this might actually be a good thing - faster rendering engine etc right? I might have to check it out at some point. Opera was my first "non-IE" browser.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite browser? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favourite browser?

Post by Peter5 17/2/2013, 03:12

ssj100 wrote:For end users of Opera, this might actually be a good thing - faster rendering engine etc right? I might have to check it out at some point. Opera was my first "non-IE" browser.

Most probably. In the end, of course it all depends how they implement it.

But like i said i have no complaints with opera, so i have to trust that i will have the same or even superior speed with Webkit. I just do not like how webkit handles CSS ( webpage stays blank/white until the CSS is loaded, in presto the text loads almost immediately even if CSS is not "ready"). I do not like that blank period, how the page is loaded.

I really just hope now that the compatibility problems "are" gone, that they put their resources on innovation, and improving the browser it self. Anyone who followed the development of opera could see they were having problems. First they stopped the development for Opera Unite, Widgets even IRC on Mac i think (never used them). In Unity (Ubuntu) Opera is still not integrated (Firefox and Chromium/Chrome are), the email client still does not have a calendar (a very requested feature), Opera hides Iframes but it does not disable them (it is misleading in terms of security) etc.

Mobile is changing everything (that is why you have "the fantastic" Windows 8 and Mozilla is considering adding support for -webkit- CSS properties in its mobile releases. ), and on top of that Apple rules prohibit browser engines besides a version of WebKit that Apple itself supplies.

In the end, of course Opera was just rational.

BTW here is Ice

Edit: We have now double the amount of people on desktop. We’re coming out with a brand new UI, brand new product in Q3.

Last edited by Peter5 on 20/2/2013, 07:43; edited 1 time in total
Peter5
Peter5

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter5 17/2/2013, 03:19

ssj100 wrote:Opera was my first "non-IE" browser.

How was it back then?
I started using it only 2 years ago.
Peter5
Peter5

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 17/2/2013, 05:15

Peter5 wrote:
ssj100 wrote:Opera was my first "non-IE" browser.

How was it back then?
I started using it only 2 years ago.
It was great. It was way ahead of its time. No other (decent) browser had default tabbed browsing back then, which was one of the big reasons for using Opera.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter5 17/2/2013, 07:10

ssj100 wrote:
It was great. It was way ahead of its time. No other (decent) browser had default tabbed browsing back then, which was one of the big reasons for using Opera.

I knew it Very Happy Very Happy Cool
Peter5
Peter5

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter5 14/4/2014, 06:09

I have been using Chrome.
Still waiting on Opera.

But I basically hate it. It is slow and heavy.
Slow to start and to browse.

I have no idea why but chromium is way much faster.
I do not use it, only because the packages are outdated in the Ubuntu software center.

I will keep using chrome until opera comes to Linux.
But even that is crazy. They have a browser without a bookmark manager, just bookmarks bar.

They said to just use an extension  Shocked   Mad  Evil or Very Mad .
People are going nuts in the opera forums trying to understand their logic.

Do not know what will come first, the Linux version, or the bookmark manager  bounce .

Might give a try at Maxthon (never used it).
Peter5
Peter5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2