ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie...

4 posters

Go down

Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie... Empty Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie...

Post by ssj100 10/7/2010, 02:36

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=54985#54985

Simply put, I am just amazed at the amount of support we as an online community provide for tzuk and the Sandboxie forums. And we all do it happily too (well, I certainly do). I can't think of any other product (including those that charge annual fees haha) that comes close to having such great support and community development. What do you guys think?
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

https://ssj100.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie... Empty Re: Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie...

Post by Guest 10/7/2010, 02:45

I absolutely agree, I've never known a software that I liked so much and that has such a dedicated following/usergroup and where there is so much interactivity between developer and consumer...it's one of a kind.

ssj100 wrote:http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=54985#54985

Simply put, I am just amazed at the amount of support we as an online community provide for tzuk and the Sandboxie forums. And we all do it happily too (well, I certainly do). I can't think of any other product (including those that charge annual fees haha) that comes close to having such great support and community development. What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie... Empty Re: Some of my (other) thoughts on Sandboxie...

Post by Guest 10/7/2010, 03:54

When I tried to encourage more dialogue between Tzuk and the malware writers, I was slapped down by a Mod AND Admin, and sort of accused of making trouble at XXXXXXX. Notice that the thread was killed stone dead after that. Won't bother in future.
Reason for Admin Edit
Please don't make negative comments about other forum/boards, try to sort it out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 10/7/2010, 03:58

kennyboy wrote:When I tried to encourage more dialogue between Tzuk and the malware writers, I was slapped down by a Mod AND Admin, and sort of accused of making trouble at Wilders. Notice that the thread was killed stone dead after that. Won't bother in future.

Yes, I PM-ed you about that. Did you check it?
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2010, 04:09

ssj100 wrote:
kennyboy wrote:When I tried to encourage more dialogue between Tzuk and the malware writers, I was slapped down by a Mod AND Admin, and sort of accused of making trouble at Wilders. Notice that the thread was killed stone dead after that. Won't bother in future.

Yes, I PM-ed you about that. Did you check it?

Did not receive anything at all. Have PMd you anyway. Hope you got it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 10/7/2010, 04:34

Thanks. PM-ed you back.

By the way, feel free to discuss that issue on these forums or on the Sandboxie ones instead:
http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8348
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2010, 05:02

As I mentioned in the other Sandboxie thread, I am still puzzled as to why Sandboxie does not recognise some Windows System files as being allowable. I seem to be getting quite a few of these, and have to specifically allow them in SB.
Hate allowing anything really, but it is a puzzle.

Back to top Go down

Post by nolob 12/7/2010, 12:12

Sandboxie support is amazing, in my opinion.

Norton also has a fantastic community. The developers are hardly seen compared to Tzuk but they are rarely needed when the community tend to get any problems fixed swiftly.

nolob

Back to top Go down

Post by ssj100 12/7/2010, 12:13

nolob wrote:Sandboxie support is amazing, in my opinion.

Norton also has a fantastic community. The developers are hardly seen compared to Tzuk but the community tend to get any problems fixed swiftly.

Welcome to the forums nolob. Yes the amazing thing about "Sandboxie support" is that there's only one official "support person" (tzuk himself). The others are just forum members who really like Sandboxie haha (including myself). Furthermore, one can actually use Sandboxie for free, and also get support for free.
ssj100
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bo.elam 13/7/2010, 08:24

If I could only install one program in my computer, that program would be
SBIE. Discovering and using Sandboxie has made my browsing experience
much more enjoyable than before.
ssj100, thanks to people like you and the SBIE forum, learning SBIE was easy
and your enthusiasm about this program is transmitted to the people that read
your posts about the sandbox.
Thanks
Bo

bo.elam

Back to top Go down

Post by noorismail 13/7/2010, 10:06

I agree with you, Bo.

I used the free Sandboxie for sometime,and it would have been my second choice,behind .first Returnil 2008,and latter ShadowDefender.

Now with the full version*,plus the knowledge imparted by those you have cited,it would be the one program I would most hate to do without.

*With the use of a contributed utility,and a little imagination,you can get a HUGE amount of use from the free version.
The Developer should definitively be commend on offering it.

noor
noorismail
noorismail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down