ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCEnhancer

2 posters

Go down

CCEnhancer Empty CCEnhancer

Post by Hopeless 9/1/2011, 12:39

Enhancer for CCleaner adds extra cleaning power by
Shane Gowland A seventeen year old

CCEnhancer is a small tool which adds support for over 400 new programs into the popular program CCleaner. The tool uses the winapp2.ini system built into CCleaner to easily add new rules and definitions for programs. The rules were sourced mainly from the Piriform Support Forum, with several sourced from other places around the internet.

Downloadhttp://thewebatom.net/programs/ccleaner-enhancer/
Very Happy Very Happy
Hopeless
Hopeless

Back to top Go down

CCEnhancer Empty Re: CCEnhancer

Post by p2u 9/1/2011, 13:14

Haven't tried this program, but according to MajorGeeks and Softpedia, the actual file containing the definitions is not included with CCEnhancer (This may be important for people who have DefaultDeny outbound firewall rules). You have to hit "Download Latest" and the tool will download the most recent version of the definitions. If CCEnhancer cannot locate the CCleaner.exe file, you can open a dialog search box within the program and point CCEnhancer to the right location yourself. Piriform does not support this, so no guarantees. Use at your own risk.
P.S.: One other point: CCleaner cleans the profile it is launched in, so if you hit "Run as Administrator", the admin profile will be cleaned out and all the junk in your own profile will stay where it is. Now, I read in the CCEnhancer FAQ that you can only use the tool with the "Run as Admin" switch. Does CCEnhancer install the additional rules for all users?

Paul

p2u
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

CCEnhancer Empty hi p2u

Post by Hopeless 9/1/2011, 22:01

Does CCEnhancer install the additional rules for all users?

Yes it dose in Admin and standard and guest accounts when installed as admin, additional rules installed but have to be selected and turned on by user under applications tab in CCleaner. Very Happy

Piriform does not support this, so no guarantees. Use at your own risk. Correct then again anti virus, and firewalls make mistakes so do Reg cleaners, and lets not forget the odd windows dodgie update .

All software when it comes down to it is Use at your own risk.

Hopeless
Hopeless

Back to top Go down

Post by p2u 9/1/2011, 22:55

Hopeless wrote:Does CCEnhancer install the additional rules for all users?

Yes it dose in Admin and standard and guest accounts when installed as admin, additional rules installed but have to be selected and turned on by user under applications tab in CCleaner. Very Happy
Thanks. I might try it some day. Smile

Hopeless wrote:then again anti virus, and firewalls make mistakes so do Reg cleaners, and lets not forget the odd windows dodgie update .
All software when it comes down to it is Use at your own risk.
I was not trying to criticize CCEnhancer in particular; just talking out loud to myself. My 'trial' days are over; I want to be sure before I download and install something that it does what is advertised. And yes: ALL software has its risks. That's probably why I removed most software from my computer (including "protection" software) and have not installed anything new ever since. Wink

Paul

p2u
Valued Member
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

CCEnhancer Empty p2u

Post by Hopeless 10/1/2011, 00:57

cool , Very Happy
Hopeless
Hopeless

Back to top Go down