ssj100 Security Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One

2 posters

Go down

I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One Empty I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One

Post by simmikie 25/10/2010, 22:43

this is embarrasing, but i am so curious, i am willing to sacrifice every shred of dignity to find out. how in sam hill do you execute Matousecs SSTS test???????? i downloaded the suite of tests, i unzipped the suite of test, i am unable to execute any of the files in that suite of tests?!?

when i open the folders to the individual test levels, all of the files are those little square white icons with the blue border (i believe they are called unassociated?). when i double click on those files, a little DOS box flashes for a half a second and that's it! what makes this especially vexing for me is that i have run this suite of tests before. it has been a couple of years, but i was able to run the suite.

perhaps someone will have pity on this poor soul who is utterly stymied by a bleeding Matousec software security test. if i wasn't afraid of heights i'd jump. Sad

Mike

simmikie

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One Empty Re: I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One

Post by Stephen2 26/10/2010, 05:46

Heh, they're console applications, and so need to run from the command line by the sounds of things.

You need to open a command prompt:
<Windows key> + <R> at the same time
CMD into the "RUN" promp
Press OK

Now to change directory to where you extracted the tests. I don't know what OS you're using but if, for example in XP they may be at:
C:\Documents and Settings\simmikie\Desktop\SSTS

Type:
CD "C:\Documents and Settings\simmikie\Desktop\SSTS"
dir

dir lists all the files in the directory, then you should be able to run the EXEs one by one - I think some require parameters...

Stephen2

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One Empty Re: I'm Not Really A Knuclehead I'm Just Imitating One

Post by simmikie 26/10/2010, 09:42

thanks Stephen. i am running XP Pro SP3, and all docs and such are in Documents on the D:/. it sounds as though instead of double clicking i would have to run the command line for each individual test (148) ? with win 3.1, i was an okay command line guy, but have been happily out of practice since. this seems labor intensive to me, so i believe i will pass on running these test via cmd.

again thanks for your help.

Mike

simmikie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum